Hey Captain How do I
I have to ask who is John as I see his name alot?
He is one of the CEO's and founders of Captain Tac the other CEO is Tom. John was born in the 50's, belives that you build a business one customer at a Time, customers are always Job #1.
He grew up in a time where there were a lots of Smaller fishing stores. His store was one that when he bought an Item they almost always put a something extra in his bag as a gift.
He is very hands on with our customers and actualy chooses every gift with the customer and their fishing wants and needs in mind.
Save a link to the site on my android Phone?
1. Launch the Crome Application on your phone
In the upper right hand corner of the app, click the three dots that are stacked ontop of each other. enter www.captaintac.com
2. Scroll down and click 'bookmark' note the none plural one lower in the menu. (This will save it)
Once your ready to find it. Now you can click bookmarks
Can I get a fishing license on your site?
Go to the fishing links page under the More Menu
Find your state that you need a license for or need information on.
Navigate the site?
Find the catagory for Item your looking for:
Reels, Rods, Lures and Bait, Other Tackle, Boat Items, Wearable, Outdoor Gear, etc
find out more about MSRP?
Once your on the Catagory you want
You will see multiple Containers on that page also known as Sliders (Each Slider has a < on the left and >on the right) click on the < or > that will allow you to view all of the items in that container
MSRP stands for Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price. We as a dealer sign an agrement that we wont advertise those products at a lower Price then MSRP. We have several brands on our site that have MSRP priceing.
At Captain Tac we strive for GOOD/GREAT prices to make sure you get a good value for your fishing dollars.
Drop us a peice of email or Chat with us using the contact link or call us. We will offer you the best price we can!
do all of your Fishing reels have line on them?
Unless the reel your looking at calls out that it comes with line the answer is NO.
Will Captain Tac string it for me? We would love to string it for you it tends to add several days to shipping of it.
Please feel free to chat with us and we can help you choose the right line or give you pointers.
get to the Members only page?
1. Look at the top of the screen on the far right hand side of the menu bar you will see one of two things
A. The word Member if you see this your not logged in and you need to be.
B. Your user login Name.
2. Select your user Name
3. Scroll down and Select Members Only.
see all of the items you have on your site? Like a catalog.
1. Look at the top of the screen on the menu bar you will see a option called More on the menu and in that list is entire store select that.
2. Find the sort you will have a number of options to choose how to sort find the best for viewing for your needs we hope. This sort option top of the page and to the right side (not on the menu bar but on the page itself.
3. You will then be able to see page after page of the site items we offer (its also a way for you just to view the new items we have added if you sort that way.
4. There are number of pages no matter how you sort for your first time I would recommend going through the entire site. At the bottom of the page you will find Load More on the page your on until you get to the end of the store.
order and get my gift card?
Most of us are familiar with gift cards, you walk into the store and see a rack of plastic cards you choose the card you want and you take it to the cashier and purchase it. Our gift cards are Digital this gives you great flexibility in choosing an exact dollar amount and you don't need to mess with envelops and stamps too sending it off.
You will have three ways of getting it to your recipient:
Text it to a Cell phone (us only)
Information you will be asked for:
A Picture (if wanted)
The date you want it sent
How you want it sent
Each gift card has a a unique number this number is very important as its what is used to redeem the card and track balances. If its lost not to worry we got your back, just let us know we will send it again.